Communications & Event Manager
Reports To: Executive Vice President
Paygrade: $40,000 – $50,000
Status: Non-Exempt, Full-Time Employee
The Communications & Events Manager works alongside the Communications Officer on marketing and communications efforts that elevate CCF and its supporting organizations’ brands and increase stakeholder understanding of and engagement in CCF’s work. The Manager will support the goals and activities of the Communications and Marketing team by producing quality content and design work for Foundation publications, marketing materials, and other communications while regularly collaborating with the Grantmaking & Community Leadership and Development & Stewardship Departments to coordinate events across organizational activities.
The Communications and Events Manager will agree with and demonstrate respect for the Foundation’s belief that “diversity” means the active inclusion of the entire community as welcomed participants in all Foundation activities; support the Foundation’s practice of encouraging diversity, equity and inclusiveness as the cornerstones of all that the Foundation does.
To apply, submit a resume, cover letter and essay response to the question listed below.
1. Why do you want to work for Coastal Community Foundation?
Please submit materials to [email protected] in PDF format by Monday, January 21, 2019, at 11:59 p.m. for consideration.
- Ensure consistent message, voice and branding is used in CCF’s and its supporting organizations digital and print content.
- Write, edit, publish compelling content for monthly electronic newsletter, blog, and social media Pursue opportunities to build mailing list and increase reader engagement.
- Manage content and design production of Annual Report by working with external vendors and different departments to procure data reports, custom photography and engaging content.
- Coordinate with Finance Department to produce quarterly fund statement cover memo for CCF and WCF, securing content for nonprofit feature and staff columns.
- Source and write content as assigned for print newsletters.
- Provide general website support with updates and content development.
- Handle basic formatting, layout and production of forms, flyers, brochures and other marketing materials as related to donor cultivation, fund development and other organizational needs.
- Coordinate with Development Assistant to write quarterly nonprofit feature with photo for gift acknowledgment letters.
- Gather and hlep maintain biographical files for Fund Establishers to be used in publications, media, grant transmittal letters, as well as protecting donors’ legacies.
- Provide support for Communications and Marketing Committee.
- Maintain and manage stocks of letterhead, brochures, folders, envelopes, while ensuring stationery/storage closet is properly stocked.
- Serve as project manager on all CCF events, working with relevant team members to set event calendar and assign duties for pre/day-of/post-event needs.
- Track and Maintain registration for events.
- Produce content for and design (in-house or outsourced) flyers, invitations, signage and other event collateral, including gifts/awards, as needed.
- Manage the research, hiring and coordination of vendors for events, to include: rentals, catering, photography, venue, entertainment, etc.
- Responsible for proposing and submitting annual event budget, coordinating with relevant departments on budgetary needs, and tracking expenses for individual events throughout the year.
- Create and maintain calendar of events for CCF throughout the year and ensure full staff is aware of upcoming events.
- Collaborate annually with Development and Stewardship Department on planning and production for the Annual Celebration.
- Help maintain the Safe House and Communications folders on the server with most current information.
- Assist donors, board members, grantees, professional advisors and the general public in a courteous, helpful and respectful manner.
- Support the Coastal Community Foundation’s practice of encouraging diversity, equity and inclusion.
- Pursue and apply professional and academic knowledge as necessary for the position.
- Provide rapid responses with a target of one working business day (or less) turn around on questions and requests for information.
- Assist/support the Department and Foundation in additional activities, as needed.
Knowledge, skills, experience, and education needed
- Bachelor’s degree in communications, branding, marketing, publishing, design or a related field and 2 years of relevant experience.
- Excellent communications skills, with a focus on blogs, social media and content for multiple audiences.
- Must be able to work in a fast-paced environment with proven success handling overlapping deadlines.
- Knowledge of Adobe Creative Suite (InDesign and Lightroom), WordPress or similar web platform, Microsoft Office Suite (PowerPoint and Word) required.
- Motivated, personable, creative, and organized a must.
- Team player with the ability to work collaboratively with diverse staff at all levels.