Reports to: Vice President of Development and Stewardship
Hired by: Vice President of Development and Stewardship
Pay range: $35,000-$45,000
Status: Non-exempt, full-time employee
As of: June 10, 2019
To apply, submit a resume, cover letter and essay response to the question listed below to firstname.lastname@example.org.
1. Why do you want to work for Coastal Community Foundation?
The Development Assistant performs data management and provides other support to the Development and Stewardship areas within the Foundation, such as donor-related and/or development-related communications, research, and special events. This position is responsible for entering donor data, including all gift data, into the customer relations management software Raiser’s Edge and generating acknowledgment letters, gift reports, and campaign dashboards. The Development Assistant assists in protecting the integrity of the database through regular reconciliations and data review and clean up. The position supports the cultivation and stewardship activities of the Foundation by assisting with fundraising initiatives, providing superior donor services, and supporting the mission of the Foundation.
The position will agree with and demonstrate respect for the Foundation’s belief that “diversity” means the active inclusion of the entire community as welcomed participants in all Foundation activities; support the Foundation’s practice of encouraging diversity, equity and inclusiveness as the cornerstones of all that the Foundation does.
- Update and maintain in a timely fashion all constituent and fund information in Raiser’s Edge.
- Run Raiser’s Edge maintenance reports on a monthly, quarterly, and annual basis to correct and reduce errors in the database.
- Work with Communications/Marketing staff to update acknowledgment letter templates within the Raiser’s Edge on a quarterly basis.
- Generate all gift acknowledgement and new fund creation letters on a timely basis.
- Generate and send pledge reminders and end-of-year donor statements.
- Receive and track information including matching gifts and in-kind information.
- Maintain Tell Who sheet.
Development & Stewardship Responsibilities
- Maintain accurate and timely information on fund establishers, fund contacts, donors and funds in The Raiser’s Edge.
- Produce reports and dashboards from The Raiser’s Edge.
- Create monthly reports as required for the Development and Stewardship Committee.
- Assist with planning and execution of Development, Stewardship, and Legacy events, including creating of Events in Raiser’s Edge.
- Assist with planning and execution of fundraising campaigns, including the Community Partnership Program (Operating Fund), Community-based Grantmaking Campaigns and other campaigns created by the leadership of the Foundation.
- Coordinate the planning and execution of mailings to constituents.
- Develop and complete paperwork necessary to capture vital information about Foundation Funds and donors, and legacies.
- Update and maintain current policies and procedures for the Development & Stewardship Department.
- Maintain records for the Honor Roll of Legacy Builders and assist with stewardship of those planned gift donors.
- Provide support to the Development and Stewardship Committee, including taking meeting minutes.
- Prepare donor reports and other communications for internal and external stakeholders.
- Provide rapid responses with a target of one working business day turn-around (or less) on all prospective donor inquiries.
- Assist donors, board members, grantees, professional advisors, and the general public in a courteous, helpful, and respectful manner.
- Communicate regularly with department members, fellow staff members and leadership team members regarding donor information.
- Pursue and apply professional knowledge.
- Provide backup to the Operations Coordinator as needed, including answering telephones and greeting visitors.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Knowledge, skills, experience, and education needed
- 2+ years of database entry and maintenance experience required.
- Bachelors degree or equivalent experience preferred.
- Familiarity with Raiser’s Edge or similar customer relationship management system required.
- Must be proficient in Microsoft Office Suite.
- Excellent verbal, interpersonal, writing, organizational, and communication skills a must with the ability to multi-task.
- Must be able to work in a fast-paced production environment with proven success handling overlapping deadlines.
- Must be able to lift to 10 pounds.