Hired By: Vice President of Grantmaking & Community Leadership
Reports To: Program Officer
Pay range: $17.00 to $19.00 per hour
Status: Non-exempt, Part-Time employee
To apply, submit a resume, cover letter and essay response to the question: Why do you want to work for Coastal Community Foundation? Please submit materials to email@example.com in PDF format by Monday, October 7, 2019 at 11:59 p.m. for consideration.
The Program Associate provides primary administrative support for the Grantmaking & Community Leadership Department, as well as, the preparation of materials and record-keeping for CCF’s Board and Committees. The Program Associate must work with multiple teammates and proactively juggle priorities. Departmental support includes direct administrative duties for competitive grantmaking and scholarship programs, grant entry during peak transaction period and PTO coverage, and oversight of expense requests. Committee support encompasses administrative activities related to monthly Standing Committee and quarterly Board meetings. This position requires the ability and willingness to be flexible and adaptive, a strong listener, possess acute attention to detail, and desire for continuous improvement.
The Program Associate will agree with and demonstrate respect for the Foundation’s belief that diversity means the active inclusion of the entire community as welcomed participants in all Foundation activities; support the Foundation’s practice of encouraging diversity, equity and inclusiveness as the cornerstones of all that the Foundation does.
Grantmaking & Community Leadership Responsibilities – Essential Functions
- Learn and maintain fluency in the grants management software to process grant requests during peak processing times and as back-up for Program Assistant.
- Communicate and work with the Program Assistant and Compliance Manager on timely generation of grant checks and coordination of record keeping.
- Schedule site visits for Program Officers and maintain separate calendars for each program, to include coordination and communication with volunteers.
- Provide support for Grants Committee and Scholarship Committee meetings, including preparation of materials, set-up, clean-up and note-taking.
- Maintain electronic files and appropriate record-keeping of funded and non-funded applicants for competitive grantmaking programs, scholarship programs and others.
- Provide Board (quarterly) and Standing Committee (monthly) administrative support for the Vice President of Grantmaking & Community Leadership, including report preparation, material collection and distribution, tracking replies, meeting minutes, set-up and clean-up.
- Distribute draft meeting minutes or meeting notes for review within 5 business days of meeting date, and incorporate necessary changes immediately.
- Maintain appropriate membership lists for Grants Committees, Standing Committees and various ad-hoc Committees.
- Oversee monthly departmental expense requests and requisite documentation for timely processing in the Finance Office.
- Manage day-to-day calendar and scheduling for Vice President of Grantmaking and Community Leadership.
- Assist donors, board members, grantees, and the general public in a courteous, helpful, and respectful manner.
- Reply to requests from the nonprofit community and others within 24—48 hours.
- Conduct research and assume responsibility for special projects, as requested by the Vice President of Grantmaking and Community Leadership.
- Understand the various functions of each of the Foundation’s Departments, in order to gain an overall understanding of the Foundation’s work.
- Perform other tasks as assigned.
Knowledge, skills, experience, and education needed
- College degree.
- Skilled in managing multiple tasks simultaneously and successfully.
- Keen attention to detail.
- Excellent written and oral skills required
- Ability and comfort with significant degree of data entry.
- Must be proficient in Microsoft Office Suite and completely comfortable with learning new software.