Receptionist & Office Coordinator
Pay rate: $20.00/hour
Reports to: Sr. Director of HR & Operations
Status: Non-Exempt, Part-Time Employee
Thank you for your interest in joining the Coastal Community Foundation team. Coastal Community Foundation of South Carolina, a 501(c)(3) nonprofit organization, is an Equal Opportunity Employer with offices in North Charleston and Beaufort, as well as four affiliate foundations. We serve all nine counties on South Carolina’s coast: Beaufort, Berkeley, Charleston, Colleton, Dorchester, Georgetown, Hampton, Horry and Jasper counties.
Established in 1974, Coastal Community Foundation works to create vibrant communities by identifying the challenges facing the region and bringing together resources to address them. Coastal Community Foundation is the largest community foundation in South Carolina, managing more than 700 charitable funds established by individuals, families and organizations and awarding tens of millions of dollars in grants and scholarships each year.
Financial resources are among the many tools we employ in our purpose to create vibrant communities. Throughout our history, we have served as a community convener to bring residents and leaders together to tackle major structural challenges, such as housing shortages or inequitable school systems. We also have a long history of helping nonprofits build their capacity, and incubating grassroots causes to provide them with structural support so they grow into fully operational organizations.
Why work for us?
When you join Coastal Community Foundation, you join a dedicated staff and Board of Directors working to be the reason why education, housing and access to opportunities are more equitable; working to be the reason why donors advance positive outcomes in their communities; and working to be the reason why our region thrives, together.
This dedication from our team is one of the main reasons we’ve been successful in earning the trust of communities we serve, and ensuring we adapt to their evolving needs. That is why we are deeply committed to supporting our staff members to ensure their success at work and outside of work. We offer a competitive salary and training and development opportunities.
Diversity, Equity and Inclusion Statement
Inclusion with equity is one of our four core values at Coastal Community Foundation, so we not only work to recruit diverse candidates, we work to ensure our team members have all the tools they need to be successful. Our purpose is most effectively fulfilled through proactively supporting the values of equity, inclusion, and diversity. Diversity may be measured by, but is not limited to, differences in age, ethnicity, race, gender identity, sexual orientation, economic circumstance, class, religion, disability, geography, and profession. We acknowledge and respect the many differences that comprise thriving communities and seek diversity in our staff to ensure that a range of perspectives, opinions and experiences are recognized and acted upon in achieving our purpose.
It is our intention to promote a fully equitable philanthropic sector that justly represents and serves all our constituencies. Therefore, we strongly encourage applications from candidates of color, of LGBTQ+ identity and of other historically marginalized communities.
About this position
The Receptionist & Office Coordinator serves as the first point of contact for visitors and stakeholders to the Foundation headquarters. This position also assists in office operations while providing general administrative support, including executive calendar management. This position is responsible for greeting visitors, answering and directing incoming calls, distributing mail/packages, ordering supplies, and performing other office support functions.
- Greet visitors to the Foundation offices and direct them to the appropriate CCF staff vendor or tenant representative.
- Answer the phone, respond to inquiries, and answer questions.
- Schedule and confirm appointments for the President/CEO under the direction of the Director of Executive Operations.
- Open and distribute all incoming mail and packages.
- Handle general email correspondence and voicemail messages.
- Maintain an inventory of office supplies, and place orders as needed.
- Coordinate the use of Foundation conference rooms and maintain calendars.
- Assist in preparing bulk mailings.
- Assist in the coordination of staff & board meetings and events, including setting up meeting rooms, sending invites, and ordering or purchasing meals and supplies.
- Provide general administrative support, including filing, copying, scanning, etc.
- Maintain and coordinate efforts in keeping facilities clean and organized, including copy room, server room, kitchens, and common areas.
- Implement special projects as identified by the Sr. Director of HR & Operations.
- Assist donors, board members, grantees, professional advisors, and the general public in a courteous, helpful, and respectful manner.
- Support Coastal Community Foundation’s practice of encouraging diversity, equity, and inclusiveness.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Knowledge, Skills, Experience, and Education
- Associate’s Degree or higher, or the equivalent combination of education, training, and experience.
- Must be proficient in Microsoft Office Suite.
- Excellent verbal, interpersonal, writing, organizational, and communication skills a must with the ability to multi-task.
- Must be able to work in a fast-paced professional environment with proven success in handling overlapping deadlines.
- Must be able to sit and work at a computer for long periods.
- Needs to occasionally move about inside the office to access file cabinets, office machinery, etc., and lift small items (less than 20 pounds).
- Continuously operates a computer and other office productivity equipment, such as a calculator, copy machine, and computer printer.
- Frequently communicates with colleagues and the public. Must be able to exchange accurate information in a cheerful and pleasant manner.
How to apply
To apply, submit a resume, cover letter, and essay response to the question listed below:
- Why do you want to work for Coastal Community Foundation?
Please submit materials to firstname.lastname@example.org combined in one (1) PDF document.
About Coastal Community Foundation
Coastal Community Foundation of South Carolina, a 501(c)(3) nonprofit organization, is an Equal Opportunity Employer with offices in North Charleston and Beaufort, as well as four affiliate foundations. The Foundation works to create vibrant communities by identifying challenges facing our region and bringing together resources to address them. Through charitable funds established by individuals, families and organizations, our combined resources allow us to address community needs today and into the future. We manage more than 700 funds and award more than $20 million in grants and scholarships on average each year. We provide personalized service to donors, localized expertise about nonprofits as well as community leadership on the most pressing issues facing our region. The Foundation serves Beaufort, Berkeley, Charleston, Colleton, Dorchester, Georgetown, Hampton, Horry and Jasper counties.
1691 Turnbull Avenue
North Charleston, SC 29405