Position Description and Requirements
Reports To: Controller
Status: Exempt, Full-Time Employee
The Staff Accountant will prepare and maintain financial records to track the organization’s assets, liabilities, income and expenses, fund activity, and other related financial activities.
The Staff Accountant will agree with and demonstrate respect for the Foundation’s belief that “diversity” means the active inclusion of the entire community as welcomed participants in all Foundation activities; support the Foundation’s practice of encouraging diversity, equity and inclusiveness as the cornerstones of all that the Foundation does.
- Performs general accounting and other related duties for the organization. Assists in preparation of balance sheets, income statements, and budget -to-actual reporting for CCF and supporting organizations.
- Partners with cross-functional teams and programs to provide ongoing accounting support.
- Helps maintain the integrity of the general ledger.
- Reconciles bank, trust and investment account statements monthly, verifies deposits, and addresses variances.
- Reconciles balance sheet accounts monthly.
- Assists in the review and verification of the invoices to be paid associated with accounts payable and ensures payments are charged to the appropriate accounts.
- Assists in providing outside auditors with account information and supporting documents for their purposes in performing the annual consolidated audit of financial statements.
- Assists in providing outside tax preparers with information and supporting documents for their purposes in performing all federal, state and local income tax filings for CCF and all supporting organizations.
- Maintains knowledge of acceptable accounting practices and procedures.
- Assists donors, board members, grantees and the general public in a courteous, helpful and respectful manner, with everyone given equal consideration.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
Required Skills & Abilities
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Knowledge of general financial accounting; familiarity with non-profit environment is desirable.
- Understanding of and the ability to adhere to generally accepted accounting principles.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite or similar software, and accounting software.
Education & experience
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, or related field, required.
- At least three years of accounting-related experience preferred.
- Prolonged periods sitting at a desk and working on a computer.
- Must be able to lift up to 15 pounds at times.
Application Process and Schedule
To apply, submit a resume, cover letter and essay response to the question listed below.
- Why do you want to work for Coastal Community Foundation?
Please submit materials to email@example.com combined in one (1) PDF document by 11:59 p.m. on Wednesday, April 15, 2020 for consideration.