The Foundation joins five others from North Carolina and South Carolina in advocating for the flag’s removal
Charleston, SC: June 30, 2015 – Coastal Community Foundation, a grantmaking institution dedicated to serving coastal South Carolina, today announced that it supports the initiative to remove the Confederate flag from the South Carolina Statehouse grounds. Support from the Foundation’s Board of Directors led the organization to take a stand on this issue.
The undersigned foundations join Coastal Community Foundation in supporting the initiative to remove the Confederate flag from the Statehouse grounds as soon as possible:
- Central Carolina Community Foundation (Columbia, SC)
- Eastern Carolina Community Foundation (Florence, SC)
- Frances P. Bunnelle Foundation (Pawleys Island, SC)
- The Hollingsworth Funds (Greenville, SC)
- Mary Reynolds Babcock Foundation (Winston-Salem, NC)